*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021442-Be-slow-to-speak-30-DBC-entry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2253743
Prompted replies for 30DBC, Journalistic Intentions, et al.
#1021442 added November 12, 2021 at 2:12am
Restrictions: None
Be slow to speak [30 DBC entry]
30DBC November 12 Prompt: A reminder I could say to myself before I’m tempted to respond to anger with anger, to fear with fear, to negativity with negativity is...

...the following -

Alright, Mikey, just hold up a minute! Remember back in Language School, when you shot your mouth off in the latrine to a couple of the guys about that pass you wanted filled out and how the clerk hadn't jumped right to it? Remember how the door to that stall opened and the clerk in question walked out? Remember what he said to you?

"Your pass is in the CO's inbox for signature. You can pick it up tomorrow after class."

Remember his tone of voice? Yep - completely neutral. Remember what he said after that? That's right - absolutely nothing. Remember how you felt then? Good. Now keep your mouth shut, until you think of the right thing to say and the right way to say it.




Group imageWon during one of  [Link To User wordgeek] 's fundraisers

© Copyright 2021 Writer_Mike (UN: mikewrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writer_Mike has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021442-Be-slow-to-speak-30-DBC-entry