*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021509-Great-idea
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1021509 added November 13, 2021 at 12:09am
Restrictions: None
Great idea
PROMPT November 13th

A Science-Fiction type prompt tonight. In your world, all citizens are temporarily neutered at birth. When you want to become a parent, you must prove to the government that you’ll be suitable caretakers and providers before you are allowed to procreate. How do you 'prove to the government' that you'll be a good caretaker/parent.

I’m not sure you can prove you would be capable of raising a child. I absolutely agree though there should be mandated parenting class for everyone thinking of pregnancy or adoption.
I assume nobody looks at that newborn and says “you know what, baby? I’m going to make your life a misery!” But that’s what does happen to so many children. Despite their best intentions, parents often struggle and find it difficult, if not possible, to raise a happy child.

If I was trying to prove to some panel of judges that I would be a good parent, I would first demonstrate my ability to create a peaceful and harmonious partnership with whoever I was intending to parent with. Perhaps there would be a stipulated time together before being allowed to apply for a parenting pass. Children need happy parents.
I would need to prove we were financially stable. Not rich but certainly not living in poverty.
Children require parents able to afford to supply their needs.





© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021509-Great-idea