*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021542-Wanted-Pitter-patter-of-little-feet-30-DBC-entry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2253743
Prompted replies for 30DBC, Journalistic Intentions, et al.
#1021542 added November 13, 2021 at 2:45pm
Restrictions: None
Wanted: Pitter-patter of little feet [30 DBC entry]
30DBC November 13 Prompt: A Science-Fiction type prompt tonight. In your world, all citizens are temporarily neutered at birth. When you want to become a parent, you must prove to the government that you’ll be suitable caretakers and providers before you are allowed to procreate. How do you 'prove to the government' that you'll be a good caretaker/parent.


If dimensional shifts and time travel are possibilities, I could point to at least half of my six grandkids and expound at length on how I was instrumental in their upbringing, beginning, in three cases, practically from birth. After all, if my kids will let me spend that much time with their kid(s), how bad a parent could I have been, right? But unless I have a suitably modified DeLorean, I suppose that option's out.

Without meaning to blow my own horn, I could point out the fact that I have, on numerous occasions, delivered Thanksgiving food baskets to needy families, donated to charities at the local, national, and international levels, and that I have been known to pick up the check for diners at some of my favorite restaurants. If I can be that charitable and giving, can aid and nurture people I don't even know, how can I possibly fail to properly care for my own flesh and blood?



Group imageWon during one of  [Link To User wordgeek] 's fundraisers

© Copyright 2021 Writer_Mike (UN: mikewrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writer_Mike has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021542-Wanted-Pitter-patter-of-little-feet-30-DBC-entry