*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021620-November-14-2021
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #2260833
Blog attempt 1.
#1021620 added November 14, 2021 at 2:59pm
Restrictions: None
November 14, 2021
PROMPT November 14th

A Mystery Genre prompt tonight. You are researching your genealogy and find that ancestors from different generations and different countries made visits to the same remote place. Tell us about this remote place. Why were your ancestors going there?



There is a story in my family about a place in the north. I have the exact coordinates, after decades of begging for them from my father. The stories are that something critical to the future of our bloodline will happen at these coordinates when the stars are in a precise configuration. When they come into alignment a portal will open. When that portal opens, one of us has to go through it.

Since I was old enough to remember they have told me and my siblings of this story. Time has passed, many of my family have died from the radiation sickness that kills most people these days. When I was younger the story was that we would nuke ourselves into oblivion. It isn't what happened. The background radiation of the universe has inexplicably grown exponentially over the last few years. Scientists have come to the conclusion that the universe is in the process of rapidly imploding. They don't know how or why.

My father gave me the coordinates on his deathbed and told me the stars were aligning. I had four days to get to the coordinates. He didn't know if any of the other branches of the family were going to send anyone. He just said, "Seyona, you are our last chance. No one will be alive for the next alignment if there ever is one. You are the one in the story. Now go!"

I am twenty-eight, I don't have much of a life savings of my own, though my family inheritance is pretty vast considering previous generations. I am going to put all I have into getting to those coordinates by the alignment. I will be there when the portal opens. I will be the one who finds out what is on the other side!

sidenote

© Copyright 2021 Spring in my Sox (UN: rinsoxy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Spring in my Sox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021620-November-14-2021