*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021783-Chow-call-30-DBC-entry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2253743
Prompted replies for 30DBC, Journalistic Intentions, et al.
#1021783 added November 16, 2021 at 11:21pm
Restrictions: None
Chow call! [30 DBC entry]
30DBC November 16 Prompt: This one will cover one of my favorite subjects, Food. Do you follow a certain regimen/diet when it comes to eating? Other than something you might be allergic to, are there any foods you avoid or limit yourself to? What's your favorite meal to prepare. Share your recipe if you like. (I have a 'killer' chocolate recipe!)*Smile*


No doctor has had the temerity to suggest that I confine myself to certain foods and/or schedules. Of course, since I give their offices an extremely wide berth, they haven't really had the opportunity. Among the allowable 'raw' foods—meaning it doesn't require any cooking by me—are wheat bread, peanut butter, jelly or jam, lunch meat, and various breakfast cereals. If it has to be heated / cooked, either it probably comes in a can (chili, ravioli, soup, etc.) or my restaurant buddies have hooked me up.

It is my habit and practice to limit myself to ordering whatever I can actually eat at one sitting; leftovers are for lesser tummies. I do exercise a little prudence, though. If, while walking to my table, I happen to pass the kitchen and see a set of tongs and asbestos gloves hanging next to a jar of peppers, I make sure not to order anything with peppers. Hot is okay, but there are limits.

Every so often, my wife and I ate at a Balkan grill in Germany. I usually ordered something different every time, kind of sampling the menu visit by visit. One dish I ordered came with two dark, wrinkled, bean-looking things, and Donna asked if she could have one. Her loving hubby said, "Sure, sweetie!". Her eye-hand coordination failed her, though, and it fell to the floor; so much for that one. "Oh, well, punkin', maybe next time." I popped the remaining bean-like thing into my mouth - and drank my soda, then her soda, then motioned for another round as politely as I could. I'm not sure exactly how polite it was—I was focused on breathing just enough to stay alive, but not enough to stoke the flames in my mouth and throat—but it worked.

I haven't made it in ages and ages, but I do a serviceable job making any one of three varieties of quiche. If you're interested, one of them can be found here: "Real men don't do what?.




Group imageWon during one of  [Link To User wordgeek] 's fundraisers

© Copyright 2021 Writer_Mike (UN: mikewrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writer_Mike has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021783-Chow-call-30-DBC-entry