*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021914-An-off-day-on-a-day-off-30-DBC-entry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2253743
Prompted replies for 30DBC, Journalistic Intentions, et al.
#1021914 added November 18, 2021 at 10:03pm
Restrictions: None
An off day on a day off [30 DBC entry]
30DBC November 18 Prompt: An easy prompt for tonight. I'm tired, don't want to think much, so an easy one. What did you do during the 'Great Shutdown For The Upgrade' of WDC today? Tell us all the 'gory' details! *Smile*


What did I do? Hmmm... Well, I got up. Got a latte. Went to the gym... Wait a minute, that's dialogue from Legally Blonde, so scratch all that. After smacking my snooze button around for awhile, I got up in time to make it to the golden arches before they shifted over to the lunch menu (always a plus). I paid some bills, mailed a greeting card, signed up for an Express Toll transponder—I seem to be taking E-470 more often than I ever thought I would, so it'll save me some bucks— and fretted about how to address yesterday's prompt.

My daughter had an appointment with the WIC (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children) people, so I went with her on the Access-A-Ride bus in order to get her 2-year old on and off in his car seat; that killed three hours. The rest of the evening was spent chasing / playing with the boy, then helping to give him a bath. When bedtime came around, I was glad that we had the extra day, as my muse still hadn't told me what to write.



Group imageWon during one of  [Link To User wordgeek] 's fundraisers

© Copyright 2021 Writer_Mike (UN: mikewrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writer_Mike has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021914-An-off-day-on-a-day-off-30-DBC-entry