*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021958-Rock-a-My-Baby-30-DBC-entry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2253743
Prompted replies for 30DBC, Journalistic Intentions, et al.
#1021958 added November 19, 2021 at 2:21pm
Restrictions: None
Rock-a-My Baby [30 DBC entry]
30DBC November 19 Prompt: We've all had one or several epiphanies in our lives. Tonight, write about a moment in your life that changed the way you view the world.


I think the birth of my first child qualifies. Before she arrived, kids were kids. I'd been one, and I'd been reasonably happy, I think. I'd been around other kids, and they were cute and all, but they were just kids. Then Christa was born and, all of a sudden, I had a kid.

I remember giving her her first bath at the hospital, and holding her every second she wasn't nursing. I remember lying in bed, dead to the world, and then suddenly waking up and quietly hurrying around the corner to her crib to make sure she was breathing. I'd stare down at her, until I was certain the center of that little chest was still going up and down, and I knew there was nothing I wouldn't do for her.



Group imageWon during one of  [Link To User wordgeek] 's fundraisers

© Copyright 2021 Writer_Mike (UN: mikewrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writer_Mike has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021958-Rock-a-My-Baby-30-DBC-entry