*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022228-Faculty-foe-30-DBC-entry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2253743
Prompted replies for 30DBC, Journalistic Intentions, et al.
#1022228 added November 24, 2021 at 12:23am
Restrictions: None
Faculty foe [30 DBC entry]
30DBC November 24 Prompt: In a previous prompt, I asked you to write about your best, or favorite teacher. Tonight write about your darkest teacher.


Darkness is relative, but the teacher who comes to mind wasn't really dark. He was more gray, kind of like his hair. Jack K. [it's extremely unlikely he'll ever read this but, hey - you never know] was an old-school teacher at the new middle school. He was a math teacher, just not mine. He interacted with mine though, in a way that made me very upset.

I was fooling around with one of my younger brother's friends—I forget exactly what was going on—and Mr. K came around a corner into the hallway and saw me "picking on" a younger student. He sent Rob off to his class and didn't seem to be interested in listening to my explanation. Enter my math teacher, who wanted to know why Mr. K was detaining one of his students. He proceeded to share his "observed truth", which earned me a look of disappointment from Mr. T.

I'd never had any particular feelings about Mr. K before that incident, but I sure didn't like him after that. Happily, Mr. T listened to my explanation after class, so the teacher that mattered to me knew the score and didn't think me some kind of bully.



Group imageWon during one of  [Link To User wordgeek] 's fundraisers

© Copyright 2021 Writer_Mike (UN: mikewrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writer_Mike has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022228-Faculty-foe-30-DBC-entry