*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022296
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by C. Don
Rated: 18+ · Book · Scientific · #2262478
Just stuff I thought of while getting a little exercise.
#1022296 added November 25, 2021 at 11:06am
Restrictions: None
I Got the Sign Wrong
Let's say the speed of light is 'faster' now than far back in time.
An equally simple interpretation would be if the light speed was maybe 'slower' back then. An object would appear not quite so far away, but receding faster, if you measure it using our local faster speed of light. The speed of light may still depend on the 'tension' of the spacetime matrix. But like the frequency of sound goes 'down' the looser the string is in a guitar.
Now I still don't know 'why' the spacetime is tighter around here. I'm just trying to come up with a simpler way to calculate the rate of expansion. If you go way back toward the big bang, maybe the light speed was so slow that the supposed 'inflation' in the beginning is just another illusion. Anything that had positive expansion, when light speed was almost zero, would appear instantaneous at the 13.8 LY sphere.

© Copyright 2021 C. Don (UN: huntemann at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
C. Don has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022296