*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022412-September-27--30DBC--Oops---this-is-November-27th
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1022412 added November 30, 2021 at 2:30pm
Restrictions: None
September 27 , 30DBC = Oops - this is November 27th


PROMPT November 27th

Things have progressed well in your town/city with the Pandemic. So well that you've been allowed to return to the office instead of working from home. Your co-worker Karly, is sneezing and coughing and refuses to wear a mask. Who do you call, or do you let it slide. Tell us why you would act that way.




"Why don't you go home?" I emailed Karly on the office system. She's my battle buddie for Team Wonder. We're scheduled for a meeting this afternoon. I sure don't want to get whatever she has.

While I work on the agenda for our meeting, my battle buddie responds. "Thanks for your concern. I have to stay. I don't have any sick days. I need the money."

Hmm. Well, can't she work from home? I mean, we did that for a year. She attended all those Zoom meetings. "Go home and connect by Zoom. I'll set up the meeting. You need to be home near your bed."

Instant reply, "Who died and made you queen? Did you get the OK for me leaving?"

I instantly thought 'how dare she' but replied, "I am the team leader. I'm sure Jeffries would agree you shouldn't be here if you're feeling sick."

Back and forth we went by email. I didn't want to walk into her office where germs were flying about unchecked.

Then in walked Mr.Jeffries. "Miriam, why didn't you tell Karly to go home? She's Typhoid Mary in that office of hers. She'll make us all sick."

"I tried. She won't go." Jeffries stomped out of my office.

Suddenly I heard a commotion in the outer office as Karly left. Then everyone scuttled about spraying Lysol, wiping down surfaces with antiseptic wipes.

Karly joined the meeting by Zoom later. "Hi folks, I'm okay. Did anyone bother to ask me why I was sneezing and coughing? No. I was having an allergy attack. The medicine hadn't taken effect when I first came to work. Someone on the train had perfume that bothered me something fierce. So thanks for all the attention." She clicked off the meeting.

Later I got the news that Karly resigned. No one got sick after her coughing and sneezing episode. Co-workers said it was the cleaning after she left that helped. I think she was telling the truth.








© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022412-September-27--30DBC--Oops---this-is-November-27th