*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022487-Faith-30-DBC-entry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2253743
Prompted replies for 30DBC, Journalistic Intentions, et al.
#1022487 added November 29, 2021 at 12:06pm
Restrictions: None
Faith [30 DBC entry]
Hopefully a little change of pace tonight. Write about something intangible: faith, magic, energy, power, or creativity. Just choose one topic and write about it.


The 11th chapter of the Letter to the Hebrews - the 19th book of the New Testament - is popularly known as 'the Faith Chapter'. Many of you are familiar with it and, for various reasons, many of you are not. This is not meant at all unkindly; it's just a statement of fact. I have faith that the God of the Bible is watching over me, and there have been times when I've been convinced that He's there (non-accidents that were seconds or inches from being real ones, for example). There have also been times that looked to be fraught with unpleasant consequences, but they turned out less bad than could easily have been the case. I believe it, and that's just the way it is.

Two songs kind of sum it up, one fairly traditional and one a little more up-tempo. They both say the same thing to me, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CS5vKFSPtM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H9JHdsn-EQ



Group imageWon during one of  [Link To User wordgeek] 's fundraisers

© Copyright 2021 Writer_Mike (UN: mikewrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writer_Mike has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022487-Faith-30-DBC-entry