*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022546-Same-old
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1022546 added November 30, 2021 at 3:52am
Restrictions: None
Same old
PROMPT November 30th

Wow, it's the end of the month! With Thanksgiving behind us (here in the States), and Christmas on the horizon, what, if any, are your Christmas traditions? If you have no holiday traditions, do you have any plans for this month?

Oh my goodness, Christmas again! These days are Sooo different to years gone by. Christmas lunch was always at our house. Children, grandchildren, extended family and friends always gathered around at ours. It was a lot of hard work, preparation and money. Honestly I can’t say I was ever able to enjoy it because I used to run around like a crazy person, making sure everyone was having a great time. When they’d all gone home and I was able to relax with a glass of something, I’d replay the day in my mind and just hope it all went well and everyone was happy.
Nowadays I leave it up to others. We usually get invited to our daughter’s house for lunch. I smile when I see her do some of the same things, but she doesn’t try as hard. She delegates, something I have trouble with. Our other children live too far away to spend Christmas with them.
Christmas is for children. I never tire of seeing the magic of this time of year in the eyes of little ones. That’s where my gaze falls, watching the joy in their faces. Otherwise I’m a little jaded regarding the hype, commercialisation and monetary value placed on gifts.
But I haven’t as yet turned into a Scrooge type of character.

© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022546-Same-old