*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022658
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by C. Don
Rated: 18+ · Book · Scientific · #2262478
Just stuff I thought of while getting a little exercise.
#1022658 added December 1, 2021 at 7:12pm
Restrictions: None
Gifts
         After my trek, there was an Amazon box on my porch. I had seen the truck go by, and the driver waved to me, but I didn't know he had gone down my block.
         Oh, gosh, I hope the wife didn't see the delivery. Darn Alexa didn't say to be expecting anything before I left.
         Well, it was my set of gifts to wife... and a little bitty thing for myself. Put it in the side door of the garage before I went in the house. At which time, Alexa was saying, "Your package has been delivered!" Damn.
         Wife, "What package?"
         "Oh, probably the free audio book I asked for this morning." And a bit later, "I have to put oil in the car," and went downstairs to the garage.
         I remember Mom was not impressed when Dad gave her a frying pan for Christmas. 'Not a real present for me,' was her reaction.
         No, I didn't get wife a frying pan. And, since I'm the one usually in the kitchen for supper, it wouldn't be inappropriate anyway.
         Since Alexa can turn on/off the TV, I got her a Google Chromecast thing to change the shows.
         Tonight I'll have to figure out how it works... after she goes to bed.
C.Don

© Copyright 2021 C. Don (UN: huntemann at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
C. Don has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1022658