*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023761-Christmas-Cheer
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2260969
A small town life in a small town library.
#1023761 added December 28, 2021 at 3:15pm
Restrictions: None
Christmas Cheer
I'm back from my Christmas trip to my sister's in Oklahoma. I left on Thursday and was home by yesterday morning. Traffic was good both ways.

My sis worked on Thursday but I have a key so I got there around noon. I hung out with her dog, a itty bitty chihuahua named Polly. After several years of living with my sis, that little dog doesn't know what to think of me. I only see her around 3-4 times per year, though.

My sister made the mistake of handing me the remote before she went back to work. I found wrestling stuff. Yep I'm a wrestling, or as we call it in Texas, rasslin', fan. My sister was the one who got me hooked back in the 80's when small territories were the thing. We had matches on Mondays in Ft. Worth and Fridays in Dallas. They were televised on the weekends. Our dad took us to the Ft. Worth matches until I had my license. I still have all of my programs, pictures, and a few autographs. *BigSmile*!

Friday, she made buffalo meat tacos and one of her coworkers at the place she worked previously came and ate with us. We watched wrestling that night then Christmas shows.

On Christmas Day, my sis made spaghetti and meatballs. The same friend came over and brought her guitar! The friend is in a local band and writes some of her own stuff. She sang a few country songs a several classic rock songs. I'd forgotten how much live music does for my soul! I love music and it just happens that country and classic rock are my favorite genres. It was a really special day.

Sunday we watched football and something she had found on uTube.

It wasn't all TV. We talked a lot, just nice sister time.

I was grateful for the time spent with her and it was good to see not the one but three of her former coworkers. Wonderful ladies, all.

It's nice to be back home. I missed my dogs.

Today the little library has been mostly quiet. I had to take down my Christmas displays. I had winter signs and books all ready but it's too dang hot here to put up "Cozy Up to a Good Book" signs! It's going to be fairly cold this coming weekend the warm right back up. *Angry*

I hope y'all had a great Christmas holiday! Next up, New Year's! *Shock2*

© Copyright 2021 Nikola~Loving Her Gracie Girl! (UN: nmarshall at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Nikola~Loving Her Gracie Girl! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023761-Christmas-Cheer