*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023899-Happy-New-Year
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#1023899 added December 31, 2021 at 10:36am
Restrictions: None
Happy New Year
A New Year always brings about hope, even in the dark recesses of our hearts and minds. Within us all lives the child of old, giddy with the newness of possibilities granted by a new start. We don't have to change our inner being to take a step forward. Let the child in you taste the winds of change. Go boldly, into the New Year eager to experience life. Enjoy the joy in the world, for it is out there waiting. Reach out to the people around you offering kindness. Forget about shedding pounds! Instead shed the isolation and hatred garnered from the past 2 years. Remember, one person can make a difference in the lives of 1000's. Make it your New Year's resolution to make your little corner of the world a prettier place to live and grow. Do it through writing, painting, building, or growing. Do it through involving yourself,listening to one another, hugging your loved ones, or being willing to walk in someone else's shoes for a day. Sing a song of faith or unity, being unafraid to hit the high notes. It is called life, and we must reclaim it. An image that lives in my head gives me comfort.It is a vision, where as I clasp my hands together and place my forefingers to form a steeple, the child in me is reminded. And as I turn my hands upward and wiggle my fingers, repeating "Here's all the people" For me it is an image of faith, but it can mean so much more in this New Year. It signifies the unity of people coming together. Embrace the people in your circle, for at the end of the day it is the people that will mean the most to us.
As we start another year of COVID, it is easy to be bogged down in depression. Push it aside, opening your child-like heart to the possibility of newness.The New Year represents a blank canvas for every inspired artist hoping to paint a new self portrait..

© Copyright 2021 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023899-Happy-New-Year