*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024214-Chocolate-and-Violence
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1024214 added January 5, 2022 at 9:23am
Restrictions: None
Chocolate and Violence
I wonder why we figure it’s okay to over indulge in chocolates at Christmas. I would never dream of buying a great big box of chocolate selection at any other time. Then people give me chocolates as gifts as well. Because of the heat here in Perth, chocolates need to be kept in the fridge. So each time I open the fridge door to get milk, juice, cheese or anything but chocolate, they are the first thing my eyes are drawn to. Just one, I say, as I pop another delight in my mouth. I reckon I’ve got another week or two then they’ll be gone, thank goodness.

January 6th is the anniversary of the attack on democracy in the US. Even here in Australia it affected us as we watched thugs battle their way in to the Capitol Building. It made us feel sick and scared. It was as if the crazies were taking over. A reminder of what life would be like if law and order broke down. It made me appreciate our law enforcement and the court system.
Even worse though was that the mob was incited to do such a heinous act by a man who was supposed to be a law abiding head of state. Whose main job had been to make his countrymen safe and his “country great again”
We hear now that he sat watching the mob, trash the building and threaten people with violence, on the television somewhere safe.
All I pray for is that Trump never gets elected ever again, I don’t think I could bear seeing his face and hearing that voice ever again. It would be enough to drive me to drink. And chocolate!


Frog in a Hanging Basket




© Copyright 2022 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024214-Chocolate-and-Violence