*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024438-Motherhood-Accomplishment
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1024438 added January 10, 2022 at 1:15am
Restrictions: None
Motherhood Accomplishment
I feel like I accomplished something as a mother finally. Both my girls now have jobs and are more able to take care of themselves. It is something for which I had been hoping for quite some time. My oldest, at 25, got her driver's license and her first job about a year ago. She just had no desire to do so before then, as she lived with her then boyfriend and they weren't necessary. I have seen her turn into a responsible young woman in this last year. In July, she will begin her own journey as a mother. She has been more in contact with me ever since she found out the good news. I hear from her at least a few times a week.
My baby girl, at 20, has been engaged and living with her fiance for the last three years. She also had felt no need to get a job. She hasn't gotten her driver's license either, even though she took driver's education at 15. This week though, she phoned to let me know she got a job in a clothing retail store. She was bored staying home all the time while her fiance went to school and worked so she decided she would get a job. I'm glad she did. Being home all the time isn't good for a person, especially not a young person.
I had thought I had messed up somewhere in my raising of my girls until recently. I was afraid that my being antisocial taught them to be as well. Now I am learning different. I didn't teach my girls to be antisocial. And they did learn how to be responsible enough to get jobs so they could be independent if need be.

Maybe I wasn't such a bad Mom after all.

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024438-Motherhood-Accomplishment