*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024617-Angels-in-Disguise
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1024617 added January 13, 2022 at 4:33pm
Restrictions: None
Angels in Disguise
Yes my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from Him - Psalm 62:5

Those of you who have read my newsfeed posts of late know that I have fallen on some hard times financially and also know that I have been blessed to receive two 3-month extensions for my upgraded membership here on WDC. In all honesty, I have been having hard times mentally, physically, and financially which have all built up to cause me great distress. It has been during this time that I have been reminded yet again of God's goodness. In addition to the angels here on WDC, both known and anonymous, angles walking in the guise of humans have come to help with those other areas which have been troubling me. You see, I couldn't afford some of my medications, even with my insurance and my psychiatrist and my hematologist have both found programs in which to enroll me that will help out with more of those expenses - which will, in turn help both my mental well-being and some of my physical maladies.

You see, I have been diagnosed for some time with Bipolar 1 and General Anxiety Disorder. Through the years, my shrink has put me on numerous drugs to combat those issues. Few have worked, even fewer yet have worked without harmful side effects. The current medication I am on is pretty much my last option for keeping my extreme manic and depressive episodes at bay. The stuff is expensive. It is over $1000 USD for a 30-day supply. It adds up quick and the bank account drains quick when you're having to pay that kind of money for just one of your numerous medications. But today I got word from my shrink that I have been put on a program through the drug manufacturer that will enable me to be able to afford this medication. One more stressor lifted from my shoulders. Goodness knows I don't need to flip out again and wind up in jail or back in a nuthouse.

As for the physical problems, the flares come and go - some worse than others, like the one afflicting my currently. Speaking to a dear friend of mine earlier today, I was reminded I am not in this sinking boat by myself. A reminder that I desperately needed. When everything looks to be going wrong, even the best optimist can be dragged down by the stress of it all. But I have been reminded so many times the last couple of days that I have friends and loved ones who will hold my hand to help me get through this, and that Christ will carry me when I can't go on.

I'm grateful for it all. For all my WDC family, and for my other friends and family. You've all helped me stay sane through the madness that has been my life of late. For those of you who have offered an ear, for those who have encouraged me, and for those of you who have helped me keep my account intact in its entirety thereby relieving some of that stress, Thank You doesn't seem to be enough. I'll be forever grateful. You are all angels in disguise.

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024617-Angels-in-Disguise