*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024723-How-Ya-Doing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1024723 added January 15, 2022 at 12:19pm
Restrictions: None
How Ya Doing"
"How's it going?" You ask.

Well, it's been a lot nicer most of the week. We've had bitter cold with very little relief since Christmas; it would warm up a little above zero just to snow, then back down again. But, this week has seen us above zero until today; it snowed yesterday and is cold today, but sunny, calm, and it should be warmer again by tomorrow.

With it being so cold, I've been seeking refuge in the garage to smoke, but it's too cold out there to do any of the projects I'd like to be working on. I do have a torpedo heater out there that warms it up, but it takes a while, it's noisy, and when too cold, it won't run. I'm talking 20 degrees is about it, anything colder and the heater won't work unless I warm it up.

Yes, that's funny; I need a heater on my heater. Well, it's funny, but at the same time, it's a pain in my backside. See, when it's below zero and I need to warm up the garage, I have to set up a propane heater to warm up the torpedo heater to warm up the garage. It's a lot of fuss and not very efficient.

So, I purchased a bigger torpedo heater that will warm the garage up faster, better, and it's a lot less noisy. I just unboxed it yesterday, put on the handles and wheels, and tried it out. In about ten minutes, maybe fifteen it was over 70 degrees in the garage! With the old heater that needed a heater, I would be lucky to get it up to 50. And, that was by letting it run for about an hour.

Since it's below zero today, I'm going to head out to the garage pretty soon to see it start up without having to heat it up first, and I want to see how well it heats when it's this cold. Then, I have to shovel a bit more snow and do a bit of shopping.

So, that's how it's going for me. "How are you doing?"

© Copyright 2022 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024723-How-Ya-Doing