*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025610-Yes-Im-mad-but-mad-is-not-the-least-of-what-I-feel-today
Rated: 18+ · Book · Dark · #2223920
The Igloo of Madness. Come for the Crazy, Stay for the Fun!
#1025610 added January 29, 2022 at 5:14pm
Restrictions: None
Yes I'm mad, but mad is not the least of what I feel today
I never thought I would say this...

Today I am embarrassed to be a Canadian. I'm watching news streams of what is happening in our nation's capital today. In our local provinces. The level of stupidity is off the fucking charts.

I'm at a loss for words. I'm ashamed at this all. People with their kids in the cold want another January 6th. People, People with signs, protesting stupid things. They want to risk everyone's safety. That's about it. It's just a fucking needle, a harmless vaccine that saves lives. No offence to the people in the US, but this is something you expect down there south of the border. Yes, I fully support free speech and our right to protest peacefully, but I don't agree with these fucking idiots.

In fact, I am using my right to free speech when I type this today.

I'm sorry, but you fucking people out there today protesting are sick. You are not heroes. YOU are NOT fighting for freedom. YOU are a fucking bunch of lunatic fringes who are nothing more than uneducated white trash!

Apparently, now there are unconfirmed reports of police in Ottawa acting suspiciously. Yeah, okay. Before I comment further, I will have to confirm this. Nope can't confirm, but people are stupid. They are defacing monuments, partying on them. They are fucking stupid. It's disrespectful. They are partying on the fucking tomb of the unknown soldier, where just a few years ago, blood was shed there and a soldier died protecting it.

I'm so fucking ashamed to be Canadian.

I'm mad.
I'm pissed off.
I'm embarrassed.

I've seen flags with the swastika on them,
I've seen Confederate flags have flown everywhere (Today is supposed to be a day of remembrance for the deadly Quebec mosque shooting from five years ago.
I have seen flags with explicit language,
These people are beneath what Canada is about.

Yes, we have the right here to protest peacefully, but this has nothing to do with peace, and I can bet anything that today or in the coming days, all hell will break out.

Fuck them.
I'm a proud Canadian, but today I'm ashamed of that small part of our nation making us all look bad.

This needs to be stopped now. I'm not saying take away rights, but this isn't really about rights. It's stupid people not wanting to follow the rules to help keep them safe, and from the lack of masks I have seen, safe is the last thing most probably will be feeling in a couple of days.

Fuck these people.

I'm done!

© Copyright 2022 DoXx, The Renegade Monkey (UN: pdoxx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DoXx, The Renegade Monkey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025610-Yes-Im-mad-but-mad-is-not-the-least-of-what-I-feel-today