*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026385-Emotional-Me
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1026385 added February 10, 2022 at 2:37am
Restrictions: None
Emotional Me
Written for Journalistic Intentions."And it hit me, that to me, those are two of my deepest-felt emotions. Justice, equality, fairness, mercy, longsuffering, Work, Passion, knowledge, and above all else, Truth. Those are my primary emotions.

I wouldn’t call myself a really emotional person, I try to stay even tempered, take things in my stride. I don’t show anger very often, but as my dearest and nearest can attest it’s best to stay clear when I do erupt.

I decided to check out primary emotions for this prompt and what surprised me the most was that in the main the emotions, according to different theorist, were mainly negative.

Off the top of my head before reading about emotions, I would have said things like, happiness, the feeling of joy or love. But what came up were, fear, sadness, disgust, contempt and surprise. Then came the real downers such as guilt, shame, confusion, resentment, frustration and remorse.

Nearly all those are negative. It surprised me because when I attempt to describe an emotional person I rarely think of a sad, unhappy, vindictive or hateful one.

I imagine an emotional person more as being softer, loving, easy to bring to tears. Caring, loving and sensitive, that’s how I think of emotion.

As to my own primary emotions I’d say, cheerful, optimistic, happy, with the occasional show of frustration, resentment, sadness and remorse.

I don’t know if guilt is classed as an emotion or not, but I was brought up to feel guilty if I wasn’t busy doing something. Even now I find I feel guilty if I have a lazy day or don’t achieve at least one thing I had on my list.

All this proves what complex creatures humans are. My dog, Lucy is watching me write this and I’m sure she feels none of the above emotions. She lets me know when she’s hungry, thirsty and needs to go outside. That’s the sum total of her emotions. But that’s not really fair in retrospect. She does show love and excitement too. But she’s letting me know it’s time for dinner now she’s making feel that emotion, guilt.






© Copyright 2022 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026385-Emotional-Me