*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026508-Rest-On-Us
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1026508 added February 12, 2022 at 2:07am
Restrictions: None
Rest On Us

"The Soundtrack of Your Life | Day 10


"Rest On Us"
by Maverick City Music & UPPERROOM feat. Brandon Lake & Eniola Abioye




I've been listening to quite a few worship songs over the past year, and this is one of my current favorites. Like most worship songs, there are lots of different covers and versions of this song. In particular, I'd recommend this one from UPPERROOM feat. Elyssa Smith   and this other one from Mariah Adigun & Jekalyn Carr  .

I think this specific song speaks to me because the Holy Spirit is a Christian concept that I've really struggled with. Within my church community, I know people who hear the Spirit speak so clearly. When they're praying for someone, they get clear visions or words from the Spirit to share. When they're worshipping, they feel the Spirit's presence with them. I'm definitely not one of those people. The Holy Spirit either doesn't talk to me in nearly so clear a fashion, or else I don't know how to listen properly. Honestly, knowing me, it's probably mostly the latter. *Think*

My faith up until this point has been a largely intellectual exercise, but listening to songs like this and seeing how filled with the Spirit other people are capable of being, it makes me want to experience that for myself. Even watching the people in these videos, there's such peace and overwhelming joy on so many of their faces. I'm curious if I'll ever get to the point in my faith where I'm able to have a similar experience.


© Copyright 2022 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026508-Rest-On-Us