*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026569-Spiritual-Newsletter-Deadline-August-22-2022
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#1026569 added August 24, 2022 at 12:29pm
Restrictions: None
Spiritual Newsletter Deadline August 22, 2022
Research

Editor's Picks

1. On Pain and Suffering
2. God's Holy Grace
3. Passing a Church
4. The Hem of His Garment
5. Truth
7. Tolerance and acceptance
8. The Tree of Life - the poem
9. In the Beginning was Belief

Heading 1

Technology's Blessings

Heading 2

Can technology be a spiritual blessing?

Hook

How have you been spiritually blessed by technology?

About This Newsletter

I had a epiphany about the spiritual blessings of technology and the internet.

Letter From the Editor

Can technology be a spiritual blessing? This is one of those questions that will get a yes, no, or maybe response. Until Saturday, August 20, I would have answered either no or maybe. However, I was spiritually blessed by technology through a Zoom spiritual meeting, when I participated in the Feast of Asmáʼ (Names). Asmáʼ is the ninth month of the Baha'i Year. On the first day of the month a Feast is held in people's homes, at Baha'i Centers, or sometimes online through a Zoom meeting.

I have been home bound for some time, and was unable to attend the feast at the Baha'i Center in Las Vegas. Last year I attended Zoom meetings of the Nineteen Day Feast, but this year--when I upgraded my computer--I had difficulty accessing the Zoom meetings. Last week, I finally solved that problem, so I was able to participate in the Zoom Feast of Names. Sometime during or after the Feast, I experienced an epiphany concerning the spiritual blessings that technology can have.

The experience with the Feast got me to thinking about other ways that I have been spiritually blessed through the use of technology and the internet. First, I can access the Baha'i scriptures online. Second, I have access to articles written by Baha'is about the different aspects of the Baha'i Faith. Third, I can contact Baha'is form other countries on social media. Fourth, I can access English translations of the sacred scriptures of other religions.

The ability to access English translations of the Holy Books helps me to see the common foundation of all religions. It allows me to search the sacred books for myself instead of taking someone else's opinion of what those scriptures say.

How have you been spiritually blessed by technology? Please let me know. In addition, do you have any questions you would like me to address in upcoming newsletters?

Editors Picks

 
STATIC
On Pain and Suffering  (E)
A brief poem about some of the religious benefits of chronic pain.
#2276707 by Louis Williams


 God's Holy Grace  (E)
Divine blessings pour into our lives every single day many times:- Sunrise is best example
#2268465 by Debanjan


 Passing A Church  (E)
an old church down the street...
#2244215 by Lou-Here By His Grace


 
STATIC
The Hem of His Garment  (E)
Who was the woman who was cured of hemorrhaging when she touched Jesus' garment?
#2254298 by Alex Morgan


 Truth  (E)
Philosphical Write-up
#2268456 by Joy


 The Almighty: Our Eternal Gratitude  (E)
The belief in God - an everlasting love - a poem.
#2275468 by Tim Chiu


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2277774 by Not Available.


 The Tree of Life - the poem!  (E)
Poem about the Tree of Life!
#1639489 by Jaiam


 In the Beginning was Belief  (E)
Free-form poem examining an idea
#2278429 by Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness


Submitted by Readers

Activities, Groups, and Contests



Zeke writes: I am also long retired and other than church my social life is doctor appointments.
Zeke


© Copyright 2022 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026569-Spiritual-Newsletter-Deadline-August-22-2022