*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026594-Levitating
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1026594 added February 13, 2022 at 2:09am
Restrictions: None
Levitating

"The Soundtrack of Your Life | Day 12


"Levitating"
by Dua Lipa feat. DaBaby




This song has been pretty heavily featured on my work playlist. I tend to go for upbeat, high energy songs that I can play on repeat. Once I've listened to a song like this four or five times in a row, the lyrics kind of melt away and I can use the familiarity with the beat to get into a work rhythm that allows me to focus and be productive.

There are a handful of Dua Lipa songs that I've really liked over the years, but I've never actually listened to a full album of hers. I should probably do that at some point, because even her just-okay songs are pretty catchy.

An interesting detail about this song is that it was at the height of its popularity when DaBaby made some controversial homophobic remarks during a concert, which drew widespread criticism and caused him to be removed from the lineup of several festivals and concerts that he was scheduled to attend. Several radio stations refused the play the song with his inclusion in it. Dua Lipa denounced DaBaby's remarks and actually made a few different versions of the song, including a version with him cut out of it entirely, as well as a "Blessed Madonna remix" featuring both Madonna and Missy Elliott. The other versions actually spent longer on the Billboard charts than the original, so DaBaby was removed from the song's attribution entirely (Billboard rules state that only one version of the song is recognized, and it's the version that spends the most weeks on the chart).


© Copyright 2022 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026594-Levitating