*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026829-Done-with-the-edits
by brom21
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #2118726
This is a test.
#1026829 added February 16, 2022 at 2:52pm
Restrictions: None
Done with the edits!
Wow, it's been a while. Pretty much everything is the same. That is except for my latest development-I finished going through my book edits! I noticed my editor, Jessica, made lots of changes to my story. Don't get me wrong, they made my book absolutely beautiful. But they were quite considerable and thus I cannot take credit for the whole final product.

Now that I have done the edits, I was instructed to do myself I am inquiring about one of the services mentioned on the contract which is a final overlook on Jessica's part. I do not think she will do a full manuscript look over, so I have to see what that service entails. The next step is querying/proposal part. I plan to publish traditionally which is a free process. Indie authoring costs money and my editing job put me a little over $2,000 in the whole. I am really praying I will get a decent advance. I read somewhere on a site a debut book will run from about $5,000 to $10,000. That seems a bit wishful to me. I read somewhere else the range is $2,000 to $5,000. That is more believable. lol.

On another note, I am considering taking up driving again. That is part of my plan to move out of my pedants' house. The bigger part is to get a work from home/computer job. I cannot do a regular in person job like a retail gig. The stress from customers and complex responsibilities would give me an anxiety attack. It does not take much to get me riled up. I had to quite my first job as a bagger as a teenager because of this affliction.
Jesus is with me and I must remember that. lol.

Well, that is it for now, See you tomorrow!

© Copyright 2022 brom21 (UN: ion_7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
brom21 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026829-Done-with-the-edits