*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027073-Take-Me-There
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1027073 added February 20, 2022 at 12:43am
Restrictions: None
Take Me There

"The Soundtrack of Your Life | Day 19


"Take Me There"
by Delta Rae




This is the last of my "Nashville" inspired choices, I think. The independent artists who remind me of the shows we went to in Nashville a few years ago. Fun fact, when I first started listening to this song, I assumed "Delta Rae" was a solo artist. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that six-member folk rock band consisting of a trio of siblings plus an additional vocalist, percussionist, and bass player.

After the majority of the members had graduated from their respective music programs they, and I quote, "all moved into a big house in the woods in Durham, North Carolina and officially became a band." Living in a remote house in the woods with a bunch of folk band musician roommates sounds a little like what I imagine Hell would be like, or at least a really unpopular premise for a reality TV show. *Laugh*

While I really like this song, I have to say I'm not a huge fan of their other work. Most of their music is more on the folksy side and pretty slow and subdued.


This kind of upbeat song is more my speed, and what I imagine the real benefit of a six-member group would be, with everyone just absolutely letting loose and rocking out. I think the lead singer has a great voice and they do have a good sound, so I hope that they put out a few more uptempo songs that are more fun to tap your toes to.

© Copyright 2022 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027073-Take-Me-There