*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027158
Rated: XGC · Book · Opinion · #1501776
May my opinions gather wind under their wings and fly, perchance to soar.
#1027158 added February 21, 2022 at 2:02pm
Restrictions: None
Christian Nationalism?
"Trump remains the favorite of the evangelicals not because any commitment to Christ or the Christian way of life — since he has none — but because of the widespread desire among evangelicals to take back control over their lives, and their wives. One of the major ways this has been expressed lately is through the ideology known as Christian nationalism."

— Nathaniel Manderson (Salon)

I would ask the Christian women here at WDC — but so many won't read anything above 13+. And although calling out Christians for non-Christian beliefs and actions is ASR they put in the ear-plugs and sing la la la...

If you are Christian are you willing to state that the man-in-your-life is your lord and savior? That any man in your family has the right to control your life and any man, as in any man has the right to control your uterus?

I would ponder whether you live in Texas, Florida or wave a Confederate flag? Do you still watch "Leave it to Beaver"?

That overstates reality. InRealLife submissive women live everywhere, ask the Utahns. And it's not just Christian Nationalists that have this view. Ask the women who are members of Wahhabi families in Saudi Arabia.

The emancipation of women has a long way to go. In Iran in 1848 Tahirih pulled off her veil and shocked the men gathered at Badasht.

Before her death in 1852 she prclaimed, "You can kill me as soon as you like, but you cannot stop the emancipation of women."

But traditionalists are still trying.
872

© Copyright 2022 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027158