*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027496-The-57th-of-the-Year-2022
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2118335
My blog of half-important thoughts and consistent communication practice.
#1027496 added February 26, 2022 at 10:45pm
Restrictions: None
The 57th of the Year 2022
A Well Deserved Spotlight


         Among the list of review requests I processed in my need to catch up on everything I had dropped the ball on was one review request from J.M. Arlen , a writer I am fond of reading. His was, unfortunately, the last on my catch-up list; a fault of doing the latest first and working back. And even more devastating, my timing was poor and the opportunity gone. After a couple of clicks to see what updates he had made to his profile, I discovered Arlem had a short story available on Kindle. After a few dollars and a cup of tea, I simply had to turn on my spotlight so Arlem could take a bow.


         Dance of the Twin Earths   was attention-grabbing and exciting. Rather different from "The Crystal Keepers. Chapter 2., yet similar in want I liked. The friendship at the core of the story is fertile ground for the best of the human spirit to rise to the occasion. I very much enjoyed it and was honestly disappointed that it wasn't longer.


An Update from Canada


         As you have probably heard by now, the truckers are no longer in Ottawa, the Emergency Act was withdrawn by Trudeau before the Senate even voted on it, and now we Canadians are waiting to see what mandates and measures go with them. In Alberta, my home province, we wait anxiously to see if we are still mandated to wear masks or not in a few days. With the dirt, open secret being that nobody says anything whether you wear one or not. Truth is that the country is something like 90% vaccinated, and people would like to start living like how they were promised they could live if herd immunity was reached: life as normal.


Memento Mori,


KS


P.S.


         I think I have finally settled on a format for this blog that is different enough from the blog on my own website. At last, both feel fresh to write for.

© Copyright 2022 KnightScribe (UN: knight_scribe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KnightScribe has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027496-The-57th-of-the-Year-2022