*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028605-Everyday-Miracles
Rated: 18+ · Book · Community · #2257034
Birthday Bash Relay. Excited on Second Place! Now for various WDC contests and activities
#1028605 added March 9, 2022 at 12:45am
Restrictions: None
Everyday Miracles
Everyday Miracles
WORDS 376

Andre often listens to one song over and over.

5.) What song and why?




Andre loves this song from the movie The Fiddler on the Roof. It’s one of those he learnt to sing and dance to for his world tour.

When he was a little monkey and the movie was playing in theatres, his parents had taken him to the town nearest the jungle to watch it. Monkeys watch movies by climbing trees near the theatre and peeping in through the window. If the movie is playing at a drive in, they simply climb any tree around, or sit on one of the cars. People are usually too absorbed in the movie to notice a monkey or two (or half dozen) sitting on cars. Now, with people going less to theatres and getting their entertainment at home, monkeys are more tuned to You Tube and other online stuff, too.

Andre loves all the songs in The Fiddler on the Roof. He appreciates the dilemma in ‘Tradition’ and the wistfulness in ‘If I Were a Rich Man’. Both songs have a touch of comedy, too. He likes the melodious ‘Sunrise Sunset’. He chuckles at ‘Do You Love Me’ and ‘Matchmaker’. He has often sung ‘To Life’ on festive occasions, and he weeps when he hears ‘Far From the Home I Love’.

After giving it much thought, he finally chose ‘Miracle of Miracles’ for his world tour for many reasons. The sheer happiness of the two young people. The references to God, and miracles, which Andre believes in. But also (here’s something you didn’t know!) Andre is hoping that one day, he’ll find love and sing this song to his chosen lady. So he listens to it over and over not only because he likes it, but because he wants it to be so much a part of himself that, when the right time comes, he doesn’t blabber any nonsense, he sings this appropriate song.

“This man is a poor tailor. The world would think he has nothing to be happy about because he doesn’t have much money. But look how joyful he is. Look how devoted he is to God and to the one he loves. Look how grateful he is for what he has been given. Gratitude and devotion and joy are our true, everyday miracles, aren’t they?”



© Copyright 2022 THANKFUL SONALI 17 WDC YEARS! (UN: mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
THANKFUL SONALI 17 WDC YEARS! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028605-Everyday-Miracles