*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028668-Got-Soul
Rated: 18+ · Book · Community · #2257034
Birthday Bash Relay. Excited on Second Place! Now for various WDC contests and activities
#1028668 added March 10, 2022 at 12:11am
Restrictions: None
Got Soul
Words: 377
Many artists are one-hit wonders.

9.) Did this fate befall your Muse and Andre?
Why or Why not?



The duo have had many long years together, and several hits – and counting!

They are collaborators, friends and (as Anne of Green Gables would say) kindred spirits. They work as two socks in one shoe. Er – well, you know what I mean. Two prongs in one rake. Two roots grounding one stem. Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean.

Their strongest point is that they manage to stay contemporary. They are constantly learning, constantly looking for new ideas, constantly growing. Every now and then, they do what they call an ‘upside down’ and take lessons from a talented youngster, instead of from an established musician. This keeps their music fresh and ensures that they stay in touch with current trends. It keeps them humble, too. Youngsters these days can be very demanding as teachers! *Smile*

“Nobody has produced more surprises than they have,” says Andre’s cousin, Josh. “You think you know their music, and then ka-boom, out comes something totally new and unexpected. And you are – like – hey where did that come from? And yet you can tell it’s them, you know. They do have a core style or signature.”

“It’s evolution,” Andre grins, when asked. “Like everything came from the amoeba, like that. You remain true to your amoeba roots (or blobs) and keep growing!”

Their hit songs include “Bananas are Manna”, “Don’t Bungle in the Jungle” “For Rest” “The Peeves of Leaves”. They have won several awards all over the world, but their biggest reward is the love they get from their fans.

“I listen to your music as soon as I wake up in the morning,” writes Brinda Shankar. “It sets the mood for an energetic day ahead. Sometimes, when I hum your music in the bus on the way to work, other passengers hum along with me. I’ve made a couple of new friends that way, thanks to your music.”

“My whole family gathers when I put on your music on You Tube,” Malvika Goculdas emails. “We sing and dance together. It makes for great bonding between members of three generations!”

Go out of style? They have soul. They can’t go out of style.


Thanks, Kiya, Webwitch and the Angel Army!


© Copyright 2022 THANKFUL SONALI 17 WDC YEARS! (UN: mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
THANKFUL SONALI 17 WDC YEARS! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028668-Got-Soul