*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028780-A-Moment-of-Peace
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1028780 added March 12, 2022 at 10:40am
Restrictions: None
A Moment of Peace
It's a nice crisp, chilly March morning. The thermometer reads 30°F but the sun is shining so brightly it is almost blinding. I won't venture outside for a while yet, as I prefer the warmth the house has to offer. Instead, I watch the world from my living room window. Birds and squirrels are gaily going about the business of gathering and eating their breakfast. Our old American flag is swaying in the wind from its perch on one of our porch columns and the windchimes are ting-ding-dinging as the wind blows them around. The cats and dog are inside with me and are likewise enjoying the warmth the heated house has to offer. The world seems quiet and peaceful right now, in contrast to the way the media paints everything when I turn on the news. I'm glad the chaos hasn't found its way here yet. Everyone deserves a place where they can have some peace, and in moments like this, that is exactly what I have. It has been a manic few days and I'm wondering when I'll crash. I doubt it will be today. I'm already feeling the pull to get up and get something, anything done. But, I'm going to try to sit here ignoring that pull and enjoying the peace as long as I can. Lord knows it'll get hectic as soon as I do get started with my day. May you all find and be able to enjoy that moment of peace in your day as well.

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028780-A-Moment-of-Peace