*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028814-March-9th-12th
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1028814 added March 12, 2022 at 10:47pm
Restrictions: None
March 9th-12th
picture for forum

March 9th
prompt
Do you think God cares about minor details? Why or why not?


I do believe God cares about every detail because the Bible says even the hairs of our head are numbered. He knows when even a sparrow falls from a tree. Look at all of creation down to the smallest molecule and atom and cell. There is a lot of detail in even the smallest creation.

March 10th
prompt
What does the symbol of the cross mean to you?


It is only a religious symbol. However, it is a symbol that represents the death of our Savior. It could be a symbol of our new life in Christ too. I prefer to consider it the later.

March 11th
Prompt
Do you have a go to scripture(a) when you are feeling discouraged? Write about how you handle discouragement.

Ps. 42:5
Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

I not only remind myself of the scriptures, but I begin to praise God and focus on the goodness and Sovereignty of God and what Jesus has done for me. I worship him for who he is. It is difficult to stay depressed or discouraged for very long when your focus is turned upon God.

I was struggling a bit this last week, but after continually shifting my focus and allowing myself to cry some tears to him, I am feeling much better today.

March 12th
prompt
Do you have an opinion about what kind of music should be played and sung in Church?

This is a difficult one for some people. I went to private schools growing up. One taught that music with an off beat was of the devil. I went to another school where in Bible class they were playing some secular songs backwards to prove how evil they were. Recently, I have heard it said that some of the contemporary Christian music is occultic and demonic.

I mention all of the above because there are a lot of different opinions about music. It goes back to my primary belief that it matters what is in the heart and not the outward appearance. I do prefer some of the older hymns personally and some of the classic praise and worship music as apposed to some of the newer. I sometimes feel like the church worship service is lacking something. I don't always know what. I have discovered recently that I enjoy the Sovereign Grace music.

© Copyright 2022 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028814-March-9th-12th