*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028986-wORLD-TOUR
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1028986 added March 15, 2022 at 5:44pm
Restrictions: None
wORLD TOUR
signature dancing owl


WORLD TOUR #8}



The world tour was a blast. Trumpet guy went along to be the opeining act.

The tour started in the street in front of the WDC's entry. Trumpet guy was in the street doing short notes of the ook ook ee ee chorus for Smiling Chimpanzee. Then Andre picked up the tune and played the whole song on his kazoo, a couple of times.

Apondia came prepared with a crate of kazoo's. She went down the street to all the cars backed up, honking their horns, to clear the street. She gave out directions and kazoos to children in the car about how to play the song on their new kazoo.

At the end of Andre's performance, they had to scramble out of the street because traffic was impatient to get moving.

As trumpet guy and Andre left the street the cars rolled noisily by ooking and eeing.

The tour progressed across the state and country on route 66. It stopped at kindergartens and on people's lawns, and gradeschool classrooms. Anywhere children were inclined to learn the song on kazoos.

The tour group gave away thousands of kazoos as the tour bus progressed across the country. It began to attract the media. A lot of fame starts this way.

Mostly, it was a good time. Hmmm. Except that one time when a driver who was waiting impatiently, while the group did an impromptu street concert. I guess the driver was trying to cover his ears and steer the car at the same time. The driver had 3 children in the back all playing the song on their kazoos. Someone told me later, no one was injured except the car has a new dent in its' bumper.

On one stop Andre had to be dragged out of a bar. He plays the song different when he has been drinking. The whole tour tried to keep better track of him after that incident.

When we reached the coast, we boarded a cruise ship on its' way to Europe. Half way across the sea the captain was really kind. He ordered a helicopter to take us the rest of the way and paid for it himself. He said it was a shame to keep such talent on the cruise ship any longer.

In Europe the kazoos and the tour were welcomed everywhere we went. With the world in such an up roar over pandemic and now war it's difficult to judge the outcome. It is certain, that the song is becoming well known. For that one thing the tour must be considered a success.

The trumpet man left and returned to the USA and the bar halfway through the tour. He said he was homesick. And, there was no one there to unload all the vodka and other supplies onto the shelves. We certainly missed him but, continued on for the sake of getting the song out to every country who would allow us to sing our song.

Nevertheless, when it came time to return to the states I for one was happy to go home. When we returned, we actually were able to get the same cruise ship back to the states. Somehow during boarding we lost all contact with our kazoo instruments. The crew couldn't find any of our things we needed for performing until the day we disembarked. Also, the captain said something about keeping silence on the open seas just to be sure the ship stayed safe. It really was a great tour.





© Copyright 2022 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028986-wORLD-TOUR