*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029024-Silly-Questions
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1029024 added March 16, 2022 at 11:19am
Restrictions: None
Silly Questions
#9 One hit wonders? Did this fate befall you? Why or why not?

Red Dragon


The Tour is over. As we disembark from the Cruise ship we are approached by Miss Starz Turnip, a reporter for the Melody Review magazine.

Miss Turnip waving a pencil says," Hi. I'm Miss Turnip could I get a quick interview for the Melody Review."

Andre slides a kazoo out of his vest pocket. He chatters ook, ook, Then, screeches eeeeeeeeeee! Then he slides up to Miss Turnip and sings ook, ook in his kazoo.

Miss Turnip looks startled and takes a step away. I intervene. " My muse has no comment, but Andre would be happy to play Smiling Chimpanzee for you."

Miss Turnip a little spooked but she stands her ground. "Could I just ask if any of the reports of unusual problems that might have plagued your tour in Europe have any reality?"

Andre says." OOOOOOO".

I poke his shoulder and tell him, "talk to the lady."

I can see this is not going to go well so once again I speak up. " You can be assured our musical tour was a success. The song has lots of fans and children all over are now practicing kazoos instead of practicing shooting guns."

Miss Turnip is writing on her notebook. " OK. Are the two muses going to write more hits?"

"That question is a little pre for us. Right now, Andre has to get back to his bar. There isn't time for these two to write enough music presently to put out a whole album. Who knows what the future may bring. We appreciate the interest of your magazine and our fans. We will let you know if any more songs get written."

Just then Andre breaks out in a kazoo rendition of Smiling Chimpanzee. The three of us walk away, while Miss Turnip continues to scribble in her notebook.."

We quickly grab a cab to the nearest airport. Then, passage homeward to the bar. I have to admit I kept watching around for more reporters.


© Copyright 2022 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029024-Silly-Questions