*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029558-Sundays-and-Relaxation
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #2253862
A canvas for splashing my thoughts of the day onto. This could get abstract indeed.
#1029558 added March 27, 2022 at 2:46pm
Restrictions: None
Sundays and Relaxation
Notes Day 1

I agree with Brother Nature*Banana* about Sundays: they used to be more peaceful and quiet. Still, I do think they have kept a special place in the week for me, and I think they're still my most relaxing day of the week. I have learned in time the importance of respecting the reprieve of Sundays, and the need for separating between activity and rest. Not doing so is the road to my old foe anxiety. There's no easy way to avoid him, but taking routines for rest seriously sure is a good start. Why do routines for work tend to seem more important? I work my best when I also rest my best.

When I was a child, Sundays would either be spent at home relaxing with the family, or going for a walk together in nature. I remember fondly how we would pack a lunch and go for walks along the coastline. The smell of trees and sea, the feel of cool breeze on my face, and different textures under my shoes. There is a true relaxation in being in nature, with no other aim than to experience the environment and being together. I think those excursions have given me a source of inner peace that I can still tap into as an adult. All I need is to experience the sights and smells of familiar nature again. I'll always be grateful to my parents for that.

Now, however, I'm the adult and I have to make my own Sunday plans. With great freedom comes, as we know, great responsibility. I do think that I manage to keep Sunday mostly as a day of relaxation. However, it sure is difficult to keep thoughts of work and the impending week at bay. What keeps me up at night? That pesky Monday morning can be blamed even for that. *Monkey*



© Copyright 2022 PiriPica (UN: pernille at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PiriPica has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029558-Sundays-and-Relaxation