*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029559-Sunday-Sunday
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #2260833
Blog attempt 1.
#1029559 added March 27, 2022 at 2:11pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday, Sunday.
PEACE OUT MARCH!
A
BANANA BAR MINI CHALLENGE
FAREWELL TO MARCH
THE FINAL FIVE DAYS


DAY 1 PROMPT


When I was growing up, Sundays were a noticeably different day than the other days of the week. I concede that Saturday night was alright for fighting, but Sunday was truly a day of rest. On Sundays, most businesses closed. Mom & Pop groceries stores were open, recreation facilities and entertainment choices opened on Sundays. Sunday evening there was nothing open after 9:00 PM.

What about the Fast food drive-thru windows you ask? There were no Fast food drive-thru windows!

Sundays aren't like that these days. Sunday is basically like Saturday without the fighting at night, because most people take it easy Sunday night because Monday morning is still the same. Monday morning sucks!

I miss the old Sunday. It just doesn't seem as peaceful as it once was, and couldn't we all use a little peace in our lives?

I enjoyed posting a 'Read it in the Sunday Papers' prompt on Sundays. It was fun to write and read about local and international news stories, but the news lately is not good. That's what got me thinking about peaceful Sundays long past.

*Think* So, the blog prompt is... What do you do to relax? Are you able to have a dedicated family day or day of rest in your home? Share a memory of a peaceful, restorative Sunday from your past. Then finally, tell us... What keeps you up at night?

FORUM
Andre The Blog Monkey's Banana Bar
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1985857 by Not Available.


I used to love Sunday mornings because our PBS channel played Doctor Who on Sunday mornings. I would rush getting ready for church so I could see that week's episode. I usually managed to see the recap episode before it too. It was absolutely my favorite time of the week. I should have been getting excited by going to church but I loved my TV show. After it was over we would pile into the car and go to church. After church we would go across the street to Pizza Alley. My parents both told me that Pizza Alley pizza was my first experience with solid food, when I was three days old I sucked a fingerfull of cheese and sauce off my dad's finger. My mom was ready to kill him for it. She was sure I would choke. Naw I just looked around for more... Pizza alley had a booster seat for me that was made out of three old telephone books wrapped in duct tape and contact paper. I would go in there on Sundays and and go into the kitchen to fetch my own booster seat. The saddest thing was when the restaurant burned down. It was out of commission for six months. That is a long time for a kid.

The thing that kept me up at night was one of the creatures off of Doctor Who that killed you if it bit you I think it was some kind of cyber rat. It has been a long time and I still can't watch those episodes.




© Copyright 2022 Spring in my Sox (UN: rinsoxy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Spring in my Sox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029559-Sunday-Sunday