*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1030881-Easter
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1030881 added April 17, 2022 at 11:07am
Restrictions: None
Easter


It's Easter Sunday. Those of us who are Christians celebrate the resurrection of Christ. It's a big deal, the resurrection.

What to me is NOT a big deal is all the chicks and bunnies, the colored eggs, the Easter baskets, an Easter egg hunt, the chocolate treats, the ham dinners. Easter any more has taken on the secular trappings of Christmas. More about the hoopla and less and less about the actual reason for the season.

I don't do a big ham dinner, we are two people. I don't eat pork. We don't do colored eggs or hide them. And anymore that is just filling plastic eggs with candy, which kids don't need in abundance. Real eggs are food and food is getting expensive. It's not a game. Chicks and bunnies, the same thing. People here buy baby chicks, they come by plane or in the mail. They are babied along in an incubator to become chickens to produce eggs and eventually meat. Or some raise them from eggs. Same thing with rabbits, raise them for meat.

Right now we still have 3 inches of snow on the ground. Tradition says to plant potatoes on Good Friday. I still have my seed potatoes waiting. Once the snow melts, I'll have to wait for the ground to thaw. I figure I'll be about 2 weeks behind on that chore.

Guess I'm a bit grumpy. So I'll stop with the lecture.

The sun is out. Christ is risen. It'll be a nice day.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1030881-Easter