*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031124-Kids-These-Days
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1031124 added April 21, 2022 at 11:59am
Restrictions: None
Kids These Days
I'm not sure what it is with kids these days. I come across so many of them that are completely rude and disrespectful, in the workplace many of them lack professionalism, and so many of them think things should be given to them rather than them having to work for it. Maybe I was brought up in a different time (yeah, I definitely was). Where did we go wrong as a society that our younger generations could be as they are?

Take for instance, in the store where I work, we have had a young lady of age 19 or 20 who was just promoted as a key holder/shift manager. She did well for a few weeks until Easter. The young lady texted our store manager on Easter and told her that she was not coming in to work. No excuse, just that she wasn't coming in. Two days ago, she showed up for her shift and walked out a couple of hours into the shift. She told the other person working that she was just going out to her car for a bit but instead, left. She would not answer any calls or texts until yesterday when I asked one of our other younger employees (and her friend) to try to get hold of her. The girl responded that "everything is okay, I just walked out" ... So, do we fire the girl for walking out, that's to say, if she was wanting to retain employment with us? I just don't understand why she wouldn't go to the store manager or assistant manager if she was having problems with someone, or with her hours, or anything else for that matter. That would have been the mature and professional way to go about it. When did it become okay to just leave in the middle of your shift?

Then there is my oldest. She refuses to let anyone know where she is living. When family has gone to the city where she lives to see her, she meets them at one restaurant or another. No address, nothing. Talk about worry! And then she goes for weeks! without contacting us. Yes, I worry. I'm a mom, that's what I do! And this is the child carrying my grandbaby. My imagination is rife with possibilities as to why she is living and behaving as she is. The only time she contacts me is when she wants something - money etc.

I could rant for hours, but I know you all don't want to read lengthy rants. But, if any of you know what is wrong with the kids young adults these days, drop me a line and clue me in because I have zero idea.

Until next time..... Jenn

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031124-Kids-These-Days