*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031835-The-First-of-Two-I-Hope
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1031835 added May 2, 2022 at 11:47pm
Restrictions: None
The First of Two, I Hope
The First of Two, I Hope


Just before I went to sleep last night, I checked WDC to see if the new WDC Short Story contest prompt came out yet. And it did. I was correct. It was the Short Shot contest this month. At first, when I saw this photo, I was kind of surprised it was a Science Fiction genre contest again this month. Most of their Short Shot photos are science fiction. But this one looks more science fiction than some of the others. If not most of them.

After thinking about this prompt for a few minutes, I wasn’t sure about this contest. Not that I was going to enter it, but which story I was going to write for this contest. It didn’t take me long to come up with several that matches this prompt. I remembered several of them. Now all I needed to do was decide which one I was going to write. Did that by the time I went to sleep about ten minutes later.

Not only did I remember the perfect one for this prompt, but I also already had it written down in my mind by the time I fell to sleep last night. Unfortunately, today has been a typical first day off from work. My brother and I were very busy today. We had to go to our new place to meet someone from ADT to get our cameras installed. Unfortunately, that took most of the day to complete. We didn’t get back until a few hours ago.

As soon as I got back to my soon-to-be-former home, I started working on this Short Story. I haven’t started writing it yet. But I got the pre-writing of it completed. All I need to do is start writing it. And I plan on doing that after I get finished writing and posting this blog entry. As far as I know, there isn’t anything to stop me from starting to write this Short Story. Of course, I have been wrong about that before. I just hope I’m not wrong about it this time.

Before I started writing this blog entry, I checked to see if the other contest that I have been entering lately posted a prompt for this month yet. But they haven’t. after taking last month off, I thought that maybe it might be prompted kind of early this month. I’m not surprised about that, though. I will be keeping my eyes on this prompt. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t another middle of the month prompt. Unless I misread the contest again, and it’s not happening this month either.

I don’t think I misread the contest from last month. That doesn’t mean they may not do it this month too. They may update this contest soon. I hope that they do post a prompt for this month. And I hope that it’s sooner rather than later. But I’m not going to count on anything until it happens. All that I can do right now is concentrate on my WDC Short Story. And that’s what I’m going to do right now.




© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031835-The-First-of-Two-I-Hope