*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032125
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1313678
You will find Taylor Swift, women items and everything under the sun.
#1032125 added May 8, 2022 at 1:52pm
Restrictions: None
Andres Blogging Challenge Day 3 Famous People,My Home Town
Prompt: Tell us about a famous person or persons who lives or came from your Home Sweet Home

I told you about Al Capone hanging around my Home Town and his ghosts of people he buried in the red bush. A neighbor by my grandparents came from Chicago and he was Al Capone's mechanic. Capone paid him to fix the bullet holes in his car and the mechanic never told the police. Capone paid in cash and was nice to him. John Dillinger had a cabin by my Great Grandparents and he would drive by and wave at my Great Grandparents and tip his hat to them. My Great Grandparents just waved and didn't call the police.

Frank L. Baum who wrote The Wizard Of Oz had a cabin by Bass Lake which is 20 minutes away from me. He spent every summer there. He named the dog Toto and Toto, Indiana is close by. This is how he got the name Toto.

Larry Flynt of Hustler Magazine lived down the road for a couple of years from my grandparents in Hamlet. His stepmother got her hair done at my aunt's Beauty Shop and he would pick her up. I never met him.

Dick York, Darrin of Bewitched, his parents lived in a town 30 minutes away from me. This is what I heard.

Julia Barr of All My Children, her grandmother stayed at the one Nursing Home I worked at. She always said she wanted to go back to her room as soon as lunch was over because her granddaughter played on All My Children and she wanted to watch the show. I wasn't working there then but one day, Julia Barr walked in to see her grandmother. I took care of an actress' grandmother!

Tony Stewart visits a town that is 20 minutes away from me. Tony was a NASCAR Driver.

Richard Bergman who played in Father Murphy lived in a town 20 minutes away from me. His mother worked at the bank in town. I was in there once and saw her.

The actor Jack Elam's uncle lived 15 minutes away from me. He was a grouch! I got stuck in the snow by his house years ago and asked for his help.

Ryan Newman lived in South Bend, Indiana which is a hour's drive from me. Michael Jackson came from Gary, Indiana which is 2 hours away from me. Axel Rose is from Lafayette, Indiana which is a hour and a half away from me.

Otis Bowen was our Governor of Indiana and he was part of the board of Ancilla College that I attended. I was in Swing Choir and we sang for the graduates. We had to wait back stage and the Nun told us to come on stage. The Governor said we could sing. We sang and got to meet the Governor. He was nice. He signed my Associates Of Arts Degree. I am not big on politicians but I liked him.

I went to Church with a kid named Billy Bottoff. He was nice kid and he had a minor role on the TV Show Dallas. I thought that was so cool.

Dr. David Jeremiah is from Warsaw, Indiana. He is a TV Minister. Drake Hogestyn who plays on Days Of Our Lives is from Columbus, Indiana which is a hour and half away from me.

I met famous people when I was a teenager but that is another story and they weren't from Indiana. There you have it. Thanks for reading.

592 Words






© Copyright 2022 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032125