*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032165-For-Sunday-05082022
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1032165 added May 9, 2022 at 3:36pm
Restrictions: None
For Sunday 05/08/2022
Home Sweet Home: Sundays's prompt; Tell us about a famous person or persons who lives or came from your Home Sweet Home by Richard.

{{center}signature dancing owl {/center}

If you put in the state name beside the words Famous Person's you will find a very long list of authors, musicians, artists, actors and actresses, politicians and others, in Wikipedia. To many to name them all.

Just to name a few: Sharon Stone was born in a city about 25 miles from me. She was quite famous in the 1990's. Stared with Michael Douglas in Basic Instinct.Also with Leonardo Di Caprio, in The Quick and the Dead.

Will Smith and Taylor Swift are both from this state. Others from the state are Marc Brown a children's Author, Patrich Monahan, W.C. fields, and Bette Ford.

Daniel Dobbs was the builder of the U.S. Naval Fleet for the Battle of Lake Erie. Dobbins Landing is named after him.

I was working in a Donut shop one night after the Crawford County Fair. Dolly Parton was appearing at the fair. She stopped at the donut shop after the fair. I sold her a dozen donuts.

The one I found that was closest to where I live was George Washington. In 1753 He traveled through Union City, Pa. to Fort Le Boeuf on French Creek. There is a statue of him in Waterford where the Fort once stood. Washington was a 21-year-old major in the Virginia militia at that time. He carried a letter to the French at the Fort.

I've always been interested in the amount of famous authors in this state.

Bob Saget —Philadelphia
Diane Salinger —Philadelphia
Richard Sanders — Harrisburg
Tom Savini —Pittsburgh
Jennifer Sciole —Philadelphia
Lizabeth Scott — Scranton
David O. Selznick —Pittsburgh
Amanda Seyfried — Allentown
Craig Sheffer — York
M. Night Shyamalan —Philadelphia
Just to name a few.

Also listed as the most famous author from Pennsylvania is James Mitchener. He won a Pulitzer prize for "tales of the south Pacific." He wrote about Places he traveled while serving in the Navy and other travels during his life.

A couple miles from my home within Crawford County is the second largest natural lake in Pennsylvania. Its' history has been traced to 1798. https://www.canadohtalake.org/

The first name of the lake was Washington Lake, In 1860 the name was changed to Oil Creek Lake. Then 1894 the Lake was renamed for the Chief of the Cornplanter Tribe, Chief Canadaughta, of the six nations.

The name Oil Creek Lake was a reference to the discovery of Oil by Edwin Drake in 1859, near Titusville, Pennsylvania which is about 16 miles from Canadohta Lake.


In 1930's there was a dance hall near Canadohta Lake called Collins Dance Hall. The featured players at the dance hall were Guy Lombardo, Rudy Vallie, and Ozzie Nelson.

Later in life the dance hall became a Roller-Skating Rink. When I was in my twenties, Local bands played there on Friday nights.

Local and Popular in the 1970's:The Raiders (19)

Profile:
The Raiders were from Canadohta Lake, PA.
Members: Bob Papotnik (bass and vocals), Gilbert Scouten (lead guitar), Dave Lillie (drums and vocals), and Jerry Williams (rhythm guitar, keyboard, and vocals).
Sites: reference:
rcs-discography.com
Members:
Bob Papotnik

That is enough to make you think, I guess? I rambled some as I found information.


word count : 540

© Copyright 2022 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032165-For-Sunday-05082022