*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032291-Life-lines
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1032291 added May 12, 2022 at 9:29am
Restrictions: None
Life lines
Prompt for
FORUM
Welcome To My Reality Forum  (E)
Prompts to help you blog about real life and more...
#1967461 by Sunny
What does your reflection in the mirror tell you?

Oh my goodness this hits home, especially lately. I have always been told that I don’t look my age. “How can you be a Grandmother ? “ That was when I was 42 years old. “ How can you possibly be a great-grandmother? “ That was 14 years ago at 63 years of age.
I think I’ve been so used to people not thinking I’m the age I am, that now the years have caught eventually caught up, 78 now, I feel old for the first time.
The reflection in the mirror tells the truth. That is hard to come to terms with, but also it tells me I’ve lived a life. A life that has been packed with family dramas, love, laughter, illnesses, pain and whatever else life throws at you. How else can all that not draw lines upon my face. It’s been a process but I’m starting to accept those lines, even if secretly hating every one of those that appear overnight, despite the cream I spread across the skin in a failed attempt at defeating them.

© Copyright 2022 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032291-Life-lines