*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
16
17
18
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033100-Catching-Up
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2264475
Random Writing, Blogs and Adventures
#1033100 added May 31, 2022 at 2:00pm
Restrictions: None
Catching Up
I've been off the grid for a bit. A busy work schedule and a bout of Covid* at the beginning of the month took me out of commission for most of May. As a result my opportunities for Extra Curricular writing plummeted a bit but I'm gotten my second wind and I'm ready for a new wave... sort of. ^_^;

Getting back into writing is taking quite a bit of energy. It feels a little bit like trying to work out when you haven't done it for awhile. Even simple tasks (this journal entry for example) feel draining.

But as the new month starts, some fresh opportunities come with it and I'm genuinely excited about trying them.

I signed up for "Ultimate Trinket Adventure [Mainland] ... a fun WDC Activity full of writing challenges and trinket hunting which is bound to keep me busy well into June.

I also taking part in "The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now with the goal of sending out 12 badges and likewise extending those entries to "The Contest Challenge.

By coincidence I also noticed in the newsfeed that today was the last day to sign up for the second session of "I Write: Enter the Second Decade. I participated in the first round of this and was hoping to return for the second part but haven't gotten a chance to join in yet. It seems like this is already 5 weeks in so it is a bit of a climb but I would like to take part in it so I'll probably be doing a bit scrambling as I head into summer.

*Rolls up sleeves." There's a lot to do but I'm ready to go for it. Doing my best to dive in and catch up!


*Just to clarify I was fully vaccinated and boosted so it wasn't as bad as it might have been. I had a fever for a few days and it took me about a week or two to recover my full energy. There was also a lingering cough, sore throat and stuffy nose that bothered me for a bit. It is also no mystery where I got it from. Despite my usual caution and tendency to stay indoors for the most part... I ventured into the heart of New York City on a rainy day when Omicron was on the rise.

© Copyright 2022 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KingsSideCastle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033100-Catching-Up