*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033208-The-end
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1033208 added June 2, 2022 at 5:42am
Restrictions: None
The end
Journalistic Intentions  (18+)
This is for the journal keeping types that come to PLAY! New round starts February 1!
#2213121 by Elisa the Bunny Stik

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheBadGuyWins

As a writer I found the article intriguing and it made me look at how I write my stories.. Do I always need to tie up my stories neatly, almost tied with a bow? The answer is decidedly, yes.

It made me think about all the shows and films I’ve watched throughout my life and I can think of only a few that ended badly for the heroes. And yet even in those it was the heroes choice. They themselves decided enough was enough.
The ones that spring to mind are Bonny and Clyde, Thelma and Louise and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Why were there always two of them? Perhaps that tempers the awfulness of their deaths. they made the decision to die, on their own terms but at least they went holding another person’s hand on their way to death. Is that what we all fear? That final journey alone would be so much easier if we could just go together? I’ve just thought of another couple, Romeo and Juliet.
I don’t think I’ve ever written a story with a really sad ending. If someone dies in mine, it’s always because that’s their wish. Usually the protagonist always succeeds.
I’m wondering what that says about me? I refer to the previous post and my being a wearer of rose tinted glasses. Is it possible I’m living a life in denial? Maybe it’s simply true, but I still don’t want to peer through that Jade coloured pair. Thanks but no thanks.


© Copyright 2022 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033208-The-end