*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034288-Womens-Strength-is-in-Self-Love-and-Acceptance
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#1034288 added June 25, 2022 at 10:58pm
Restrictions: None
Women's Strength is in Self Love and Acceptance
Blogging Circle of Friends: DAY 3415 June 25, 2022

Music: Let one of these lyrics or all inspire your entry today-

1. If I was you, I'd wanna be me too." Meghan Trainor, "Me Too"
2. "Sunshine mixed with a little hurricane." โ€“ Brad Paisley, "Perfect Storm"
3. "I'm no beauty queen, I'm just beautiful me." โ€”Selena Gomez, "Who Says"
4. "Hello, it's me." โ€”Adele, "Hello"


I have enjoyed listening to these songs. The ones that stood out for me were Megan Trainor's Me Too. My friend often sings the lyric "If I was you, I'd wanna be me too." and I have to smile. It is a kick ass appreciation for loving ourselves.... and I think that is important because all too often we give away our power to those how don't deserve it and abuse the privilege of the gift. My friend has done just that.... and I think she sees me as having taken back my power. But have I? I don't feel like I have, but at the same time, I have the freedom to be me. I am no longer tied to someone who didn't always appreciate my quirks and made me feel ashamed of having them.

The other song I enjoyed was Selena Gomez's Who Says. I like the line "I'm no beauty queen, I'm just beautiful me." I like the message of the song. Don't listen to others. Follow your own heart and mind. You are a creation of beauty in your own right. Don't let others try to diminish that with their negativity.

Self esteem is a woman's strength. If we have it and hold onto it, we can go as far as we can imagine. All too often, we are cut down as being too much by those who feel threatened by our inner power.





I also really like Adele's Hello. Her sultry life resonates through time as she sings "Hello, it's me." I love the video. It gets my story thoughts moving. What is the story behind the song... I would be inclined to tell my own story. A young couple torn apart by decisions they have made.... the woman leaving the man to fallow her dreams and in doing so she does not return to him. She tries to call to apologize but he has moved on.... never home when she calls.... or never answers her calls.




© Copyright 2022 ๐Ÿ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
๐Ÿ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034288-Womens-Strength-is-in-Self-Love-and-Acceptance