*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034653-Coffee-Melody-18
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#1034653 added July 3, 2022 at 6:19pm
Restrictions: None
Coffee Melody [18+]
8th and final entry for June '22 edition of

Journalistic Intentions  (18+)
This is for the journal keeping types that come to PLAY! New round starts February 1!
#2213121 by Elisa the Bunny Stik


https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheEndingChangesEverything

Let's begin with the trope this time. Can I write and then provide an ending that changes how the story is perceived?

65 degrees at noon. There will be some cloud-shedding drops later.

There's a breeze blowing through the building; coffee clearing out my mind.

Time to write "Coffee Melody".

Coffee Melody

         Sweet caffeine, oh sweet dark brew.
         Add some cream, your lips will do.


It was a troubled time in Torino. The Po was drying up. The Alps were crying, a landslide will bring me down. The Egyptians wanted their mummies back and I was out of coffee.

Sure, Più A Meno would have some but they would also have food and my fat ass didn't need any more and, frankly, I didn't want to move.

I just wanted coffee.

Delivery?

...

The young man stood there —

stark naked.

"You ordered coffee? It's hot and black but I can jerk off in it if you want some cream."


The doorbell brought me to my senses.

A young black-and-beautiful man stood there.

"Você tem açúcar?"

"Sim. Você tem café?"

His smile warmed my morning, as did the coffee, while we sat on the hotel's terrace in Lisbon sipping and chatting.

Brazilian? Angolan? Não. Alfonso was from Cabo Verde, as was the coffee.

I wanted to taste those lips.

...

But I wake up instead.

It's a cool day, 65 degrees at noon in Montana, perhaps some cloud-shedding drops later.

There's a breeze blowing through the old building; coffee clearing out my mind.

Time to write "Coffee Melody".

It was a troubled time in Torino. The Po was drying up.


© Copyright 2022 Kåre Enga [179.42] (3.juli.2022)

ANALYSIS

So I threw in some news. The drought in the Po Valley is serious. A glacier broke off and killed 6. Today's headline: Ice landslide on Mount Marmolada, Italy. Glacier Shard Avalanche.

And I did drink my coffee. And it was breezy. And... I've been to Torino, visited the Egyptian Museum and shopped at the local PAM... cheap food.

And I was desperate to write something so I could finish the challenge so I stole the title of a Thai BL series...

A dream within a dream, a shell within a shell, much like Russian dolls... allows me to startle the reader more than once. And may reveal too much about my dreams! But then again... the reader will never know how much or how little is based on the truth. *Smirk*


~400 words
5814

© Copyright 2022 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034653-Coffee-Melody-18