*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035079-Return-Engagement
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #2156493
A hub for the "Book of Masks" universe.
#1035079 added July 12, 2022 at 1:26pm
Restrictions: None
Return Engagement
I mentioned yesterday that I started writing again about six weeks ago. But I delayed making a formal return (at least in part) because I wanted to make my return kind of splashy with what I hoped would be popular content.

And who's the most popular character in BoM? I think it has to be Chelsea Cooper.

So my return storyline takes place in the same general branch where rugal was last writing: Chelsea got ahold of the grimoire after her boyfriend accidentally golemized himself, and she and Will have partnered with it to conduct experiments and mischief. Chelsea has been impersonating Gary Chen (!) while Will has been spying for Chelsea from under a mask of Yumi Saito. By the time of "Occupied Territories Chelsea has won some important battles: she has forced Eva and Jessica Garner off the cheerleading squad and crippled a planned coup against her leadership.

But she has also promised Will some extra masks, so that she and he will have the same number of potential impersonations, and Will is contemplating some possibilities.

Today, he makes a choice in

* Interactive: "Grabbing a Garner
* Public: "Grabbing a Garner

(NOTE: The public Archives now include the run "A Banquet of Babel --> "Occupied Territories, which lead up to today's chapter.)

Note: I made some important changes in "Occupied Territories" and in the four-chapter run "Debts and Acquisitions through "The Shopping Trip, though they don't affect much outside of those chapters. TL;DR: In the original versions, Chelsea talked Will into giving her masks to enslave some of Chen's gangster bosses. I removed that, as nothing was done with that plot development, and it limited the amount of subsequent fun to be had.

© Copyright 2022 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035079-Return-Engagement