*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035175-Almost-Finished
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1035175 added July 13, 2022 at 11:58pm
Restrictions: None
Almost Finished
Almost Finished


Unfortunately, I’m almost finished with my WDC Short Story for this month. I have finished it. But I still need to do a little bit more tweaking before it’s completely finished. That’s not unusual for me. I normally have some tweaking to do before I get my short stories down to under whatever the Word Limitations are for that contest. Sometimes it’s only a few words. But mostly it’s quite a lot of them.

Only got about five hours of sleep last night again. And I don’t know why. I went to sleep soon after I wrote and posted my last blog entry. But I just couldn’t get to sleep. Should have gotten about eight or nine hours of sleep. Only I didn’t. I got about five. If I got that many. Can’t remember when I finally got to sleep. But I know I was tossing and turning for a few hours, though.

I also had to get up early so that I could return the car keys that I used for the Patrol Car I used on Tuesday. Also, I had something else I needed to do in the morning. Needed to go to where I will be working probably starting a week from this Friday so they can do a more extensive background check on me. I’m not worried about that. Just wish it could get done before this Friday.

It didn’t take me that long to fill out the paperwork for the background check. So, I was back home in about an hour. I tried to get a little bit more sleep. But I couldn’t do it. After about an hour of trying, I finally gave up and officially stayed awake for today. For the last couple of hours, I have started feeling the effects of me not getting more than five hours of sleep last night.

Today wasn’t over for me, though. There were a few other things that needed to be done today. Luckily, there weren’t too many of them. We got them done about the middle of the afternoon. So, I had plenty of time to finish writing my WDC Short Story for this month. And finish it I did. The only thing I haven’t done yet is to tweak it, Grammarly check it, and create it.

Unfortunately, I’m probably not going to be able to do all that until tomorrow. Most likely, I’m probably going to be going to sleep soon after I finish writing the blog entry. That’s how tired I still am. I want to get this created as soon as I can. But waiting a few hours isn’t going to matter that much. As long as I get it done tomorrow. And I should be able to do that.

As far as I know, I don’t have anything to do tomorrow. True, I may be called into work tomorrow. That happened today too at the same post I was working on Tuesday. The one I will be working on this Friday. Unless a miracle happens, and my new post comes through. I’m not going to count on that happening until it does because I don’t think it will. They wanted me to work there today too. But I could do it.

Mostly, it was because of the lack of sleep. But it was also because of what I needed to get done today that stopped me from working there again today. If it’s true, that I don’t have anything to do tomorrow and work doesn’t call me to work I should be able to not only get this Short Story created, but I should be able to start working on my second Short Story for this month.




© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035175-Almost-Finished