*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035672-Travel-Blog-Entry-1-Disneyland-Pt-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Other · #2242904
Vivien Limon's blog
#1035672 added July 25, 2022 at 11:06am
Restrictions: None
Travel Blog: Entry 1: Disneyland Pt. 1
I've decided to make a travel blog. Until I have this cool-looking travel blog set-up, I'm going to add travel entries here and there into this blog, then move them. My first entry to the travel blog is for a place I know really well...Disneyland. I have been to Disneyland so many times, I grew up there, literally. My Dad was a member of the Magic Kingdom Club, a group of human resource managers who pushed the park on unsuspecting people. Just kidding. We would go to Disneyland every year for his annual meeting at Fantasyland Theater and my Mom would take us on Dumbo while we waited.. Then we would get a family picture of us in front of the castle. You can see us growing up from these pictures.

Next came the annual passport years. I would buy an annual passport for me and my sister and my mom. We would go frequently and I knew the park by memory. I also had the perfect itinerary, that would get the most of your park visit. I'll get to that a little later.

Then I was hired to work there. Dream come true. I worked in costuming so I can't say much more than that. I can only say that my favorite places to work included the parades (especially the Main Street Electrical Parade) and Fantasmic! At this time, I just signed people in with my pass (which I understaned you can't do anymore), In fact, don't get me started that Disneyland cast members don't even have a cast party or Minnie's Moonlight Madness. Do they even have the canoe races, anymore? What's wrong, Disney? Against giving anyone too much fun?

Now, I'm back to annual passports, now called Magic Keys. I have the highest level of Magic Key--the Dream Key. I like it. You just have to get used to using the reservation system. I've never been able to get the day I want. Now, that's not what I can say for dining reservations, I've missed those at times I'm a big Blue Bayou fan so missing on that gets me a little down.

Here's the information I hope will help you with your visit. Always plan ahead. Reserve as far ahead as possible, especially dining reservations, but if you miss, don't worry too much, keep checking, everyday if you can.. If you really want it,l subscribe to a dining reservation watch, like Mousewatcher (works for me), or a website like that. For a merchandise location, like Savi's lightsabers in Galaxie's Edge, reserve anyway. Usually you can get in there at the park without a reservation on all but the busiest days.

No matter where you are in the park(s), always take your time to slow down and seek out little niches. For example, don't neglect Snow White's grotto at Disneyland right off the castle. It's so quiet and you can telll Walt Disney himself was there. Don't forget to listen either. You'll hear sounds you wouldn't expect piped in, showers, dogs barking, wookies in Galaxies' Edge. All kinds of things. If you can, just sit down and relax for a brief spell. You won't forget or regret it.


© Copyright 2022 FireWriter2012 (UN: firewriter2012 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
FireWriter2012 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035672-Travel-Blog-Entry-1-Disneyland-Pt-1