*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
9
10
12
17
24
27
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037258-Quirky
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1037258 added September 3, 2022 at 6:07am
Restrictions: None
Quirky
PROMPT 3: Sept 3 –What is most peculiar about your character, any hidden quirks? (From Crafting the Personal Essay by Dinty W. Moore (2010).

There are approximately 9 billion human beings on the earth as I write this personal essay. It is said we’re all unique. Not one other person has the same fingerprints as mine. How incredible is that? It’s a little difficult to believe. So that’s the first thing that’s peculiar only to myself.
My brain has all the same attributes as everyone else. It lights up on a brain scan in all the same areas when exposed to certain stimuli and yet my thoughts and dreams are my own, unique.

We have all had different life experiences which form the people we become.
Myself, I was the youngest in a family of five. Born at the end of the Second World War.
Having a mother who was raising a family alone while her husband was fighting in a war must have had an effect on my psyche. So I was a fearful child who grew to be a fearful adult. That is until my husband and I left our country of birth, England, and travelled across the globe to a land of sunshine and oranges, Australia.
Being away from my family made me the person I am today. Self assured and confident.

As for quirks. The question asks if I have any. Quirks are a little like tweaks. Just that tiny bit of tweaking is what sets us all apart. A particular sense of humour, or a sense of what’s right and wrong.

I always say my grandson is quirky, because of his refusal to eat anything that comes from an animal, even to the extent of refusing to wear leather shoes or eat honey from exploited bees. Although how you exploit a bee is beyond me!

If I had to come up with a personal quirk, it would probably my annoying, to some, way of always looking on the bright side of life. I’m a true Pollyanna. I always see the humour in bizarre situations.
Life is amazing. The world is a beautiful place. And life is too short.


Words 363




© Copyright 2022 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037258-Quirky